Here are 12 questions you should ask yourself before deciding to accept a job.
Too many people these days just drift into a job without thinking about their long-term outlook. To stop you making that mistake here are 12 questions you should ask yourself before you agree to a position that you are unsure about. These questions are significant and intended to help you make the right decision.
- Do I desire to do this work?
- Can I do the job required of me?
- Do I know the specific job description?
- Is the job in tune with my standards and values?
- How can I increase my knowledge in the early period of this job?
- Why did the preceding person leave this job and, are there any implications for me?
- Will I get along with my new employer?
- Who can advise me in this occupation so that I can be successful?
- If this career doe s not work out, what is my "Plan B"?
- How does this job fit into my future career plan?
- How can I use this occupation to assist me towards my career goals?
- Will I be able to balance the demands of this job with my commitments and interests outside of work?